Friday, April 22, 2011

So...

I have been feeling very nervous for the past one week. I went to an interview on Thursday with a company I love so much. I had an interview with the Brand Manager herself and it went well. So she told me that she liked me and would arrange a meeting for me to meet up with her boss, the head PR of the company. I was really confident and happy. Once I stepped outside the building, I got a call from the company to set up a meeting with the boss the following day.

So I did. I came early as usual and I met him. He seemed kinda fun. Different from the interview I had the day before, he didn't ask me technical questions. Here are some of the questions he asked (from what I remember):

Him : Let's say, your boyfriend... Do you have a boyfriend at the moment?
Me : No.
Him : Ok. So let's say you have a boyfriend later and he doesn't like your job. What are you gonna do?
Me : Alright. Well, I'm currently single. If I will have boyfriend later, I supposed we would have the same interest at some point or we wouldn't even be together in the first place. There's should be no problem. (Here's what I wanted to add but I didn't : "If he still doesn't like what I do, I'll take him there then he'll know how fun my job is").

Him : Do you drink?
Me : Yea. But I haven't been drinking lately.
Him : Why?
Me : Well, I haven't been to club yet this year. You can say I'm a social drinker.
Him : Do you smoke?
Me : Nope.
Him : You have to.
Me : Hmm... can you give me 10 reasons why I have to smoke? (I was joking... So we won't be so tense)
Him : (thinking)... So you'll be crazy.. Haha. I don't know either... Well, our job is to make people happy and they can have fun. So we have to be fun too. What will you do if you're suddenly in a bad mood while you have to work?
Me : See, professionalism is really important to me. For an instance, if I go to a restaurant and the waitress, being in a bad mood, and shove me the menu, I wouldn't be so kin on that. Since, I don't like people doing it to me, I wouldn't do that either. (Here's what I wanted to add but didn't : "Besides, I can deal with myself and not affect others during my job. I keep my professionalism")

Him : Let's say when you work then your Blackberry ringing non stop with 3 customers at the same time with different needs... what are you gonna do?
Me : I will see thru the enquiries and focus on each reply.
Him : So you won't answer in a wrong window... Yea I got what you mean.

Him : We have loads of events, and what do you think if you have to wear weird costumes sometimes?
Me : No problem. What's wrong with it, right.

So, that's (more or less) how it went. Finally he told me that they would contact me in a week. That's when I totally lost my confident because I thought they would hire me straight away. So ever since last Friday, I had been very nervous waiting for their call. I know it hasn't been exactly one week but tomorrow is holiday so I don't think they will call.

And... Just to show how passionate I am about this, I even showed up during their 8th Anniversary party. Somehow I wonder why they don't call. What is it that they think I don't fit into. Anyway, it's time for me to look for a job again :) Wish me luck :D <3

Good night xx

No comments: