Saturday, March 7, 2009

Looking at the past -- Elementary School 1999

Inspired by Kenny Sia who wrote his life story in his blog. I think, why not... It's a good idea. So I could look back and cherish the bad and the good. And I think, since I will talk a lot about one specific guy, I should start from elementary school. When I met him.

It was around May 1999. I was preparing for the final exam to pass elementary school. I joined this course which designed specially to prepare the students for the exam.

Since my Dad is a very discipline person. He is always on time. And, he was on time with my schedule as well. I was the first to arrive... always the first. Maybe he did not want me to miss anything. When the teacher came into the class, he would give us one set of question each. He gave us time to do it and then he would discuss it later. There was this boy... he was late... in fact, he was never on time. He only showed up when the teacher started the discussion session. I cannot help not to notice him.

He was a standard boy. Nothing was really special about him. He was not that tall, his skin was kinda pale, eyeglasses... And always late. Ok...

And then when I was done with the course... he was forgotten. Little that I know, that boy right there... would be someone that I could never forget.

No comments: